Thursday, June 17, 2010

Jack Johnson and Curious George Inspire



I know it's not a new song, but it's one that's really stuck in my head right now. Jack Johnson's Upside Down. It just feels so good to listen to. It's so positive and upbeat and full of hope. It makes me want to sing and dance.

It inspires me when he says "Who's to say ... What's impossible." ... Right? It's up to US to say what IS possible. Don't let people tell you that you can't do something. If you want to do it, go for it! Is it a dream of a trip you'd like to take? An advanced degree you'd like to earn? A career change? A place you'd like to live? Anything is possible ... it's up to you!

I also love how he says, "There's no stopping curiosity." I think some of us forget about curiosity as we get older. Kids have an amazing curiosity about them, they're into everything! But somehow as adults, we let that fade away as we get bogged down in our daily lives. We stop exploring. Let's get out there and try some things we've never done before!

How's this for inspiration, "I want to turn the whole thing upside down ... I'll find the things they say just can't be found." I love that! It's motivation! Well, it is for me anyway -- if someone tells me "it can't be done," that only pushes me harder to figure it out. And, trust me I do. Just ask any of my friends! :)

So, we've got all of this excitement and motivation, and then, the scary part comes -- what if we go after a goal and "fail" or try something new, like skiing, and fall? Have we really failed? Heck no! We tried! We LIVED! We experienced. Isn't that what we're here for? To love and live and have experiences?

And, as Jack says, "This world keeps spinning and there's no time to waste." You don't have yesterday -- it's gone. You don't have tomorrow -- it's not here yet. You only have today. Right now! So, what is it you want to do? Learn a new skill or sport? Start your own business? Make new friends? Repair a broken relationship? Come on! Let's go turn this world upside down!

No comments:

Post a Comment