Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The "Stay-at-Home Mom" of the 2000's

I am so excited that one of my public relations projects -- The Million Dollar Coupon -- has been included in David Meerman Scott's newest version of The New Rules of Marketing & PR!

It got me thinking, "Not too shabby for a stay-at-home mom."

Gone are the days where women who choose to leave the workplace to take care of their children can not be successful in their careers. Gone are the days of the dreaded "gap" on a woman's resume for her years as a stay-at-home mom. Today, millions of moms are leaving their full-time jobs to spend more time with their children and pursue their careers.

For the record, I am not advocating that every mom should be a stay-at-home mom. I think moms should do whatever they think works best for their family. I always say, "I am not worthy of working moms!" I don't know how they get everything done in the little time they have before and after work each day. For me, though, being a stay-at-home mom has been the right choice.

Above all, the experience of seeing this project receive recognition from David Meerman Scott makes me grateful for all of the people and experiences in my life. If it weren't for the support of my husband, family and friends, I would not be able to do what I do and remain even remotely sane. So, thank you to all of you! Especially my mother-in-law, who helps with the kids so often!

In addition to the gratitude, I guess my message to those of you reading this is that you can do anything you set your mind to with the right tools and attitude. Here's to a great 2010! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Tina, Thank YOU for being such an inspiration, and congratulations on the recognition by David Meerman Scott!!

    ReplyDelete