Monday, August 24, 2015

Hello Bulldog! Hello from Heaven!


Thought I would share with you one of the ways I find peace with my dad being in heaven instead of here with us. It is by "noticing."

The day this picture was taken was a sad day in June. We had moved my Grandmother into a nursing home, and it was heartbreaking.

Afterward, we went out to lunch and met this cutie. Why is he significant? Simple! He is a bulldog. My dad worked for Mack Trucks for years when I was little. The symbol of a Mack Truck is a bulldog. Noticing this bulldog was very comforting that day. I felt like my dad was letting me know he was near and he knew my heart was hurting.

So, now when I notice bulldogs or Mack Trucks I think of my dad, and it brings me peace. It makes me feel like he is saying, "Hello. I am near."

Do you have things like this that you notice with a loved one who is gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment