Sunday, August 23, 2015

A Lesson From My Dad: The Power of a Thank You


Was thinking a lot about my dad yesterday ... had a lot to do with being at the Renaissance Fair.

I thought I might share one of his philosophies that I try to carry on ... it was the power of the thank you. 

Oh my gosh! He thanked everyone for everything! He thanked waitresses and store clerks just for doing their job. He thanked us kids whenever we did something he asked us to do. He thanked his employees just for doing their job. 

I could go on, but I think you get the idea. He went out of his way to thank people. Thank you's make people feel good. They show appreciation. They make you smile while you say it, and they make others smile when they receive it. So, thank you for reading my blog! Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment