Monday, April 27, 2015

Is There Always Something to be Grateful for?

Saturday night Alyssa got a fortune cookie that said, "You will be showered with good luck tomorrow."

Come Monday morning she proclaims her fortune didn't come true.

"Oh," I said. "Really?"

© Can Stock Photo Inc. / demarcomedia

"Really," she said.

"Well, what about the fact that you have been begging me to watch that certain TV show for the past few weeks and we finally watched it together yesterday?"

"Oh," she says with a smile.

"And speaking of TV, what about the RDMA's? You've been looking forward to them for weeks, and they were on yesterday."

"Oh, yeah," she says with a bigger smile.

"And what about that sleepover you've been begging me to schedule -- remember, I scheduled it yesterday morning?"

"Oh, yeahhhhh!"

"I rest my case. I do believe you were showered with good luck yesterday!"

"I guess so!" she says.

Sometimes we might have to reflect a little bit to see the good things that come our way -- even if they are small, they are there! Be on the lookout for all that is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment