Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Be Who You Want to be With

Almost all of my clients come to me at one time or another and tell me they wish their spouse behaved different in some way... I wish my spouse was more helpful around the house. I wish my spouse would help more with the kids. I wish my spouse would plan some dates. I wish my spouse would help with the laundry. You get the picture ...

© Can Stock Photo Inc. / michaeljung

One thing we know about people is that we can't change them. We can only change ourselves.

So, what should you do when you find yourself wishing your spouse would behave differently? The short answer is behave differently yourself. "Be who you want to be with."

This is an energetic response. By changing your behavior, you will invite the same from your spouse. 

For instance, if you wish your husband would help you more around the house, you might find a way to help him more. Take a few moments and think of how you could be of service to him today. Maybe even ask him, "Honey, is there anything I can do to help you today?"

Some of you are freaking out right now reading this ... because there is no way you possibly have time to help him more. Trust me on this. He will notice what you have done for him, and that will inspire him to be of more help to you. 

Nobel Peace Prize winner Aung San Suu Kyi said, "When you're feeling helpless, help someone." Let your desire to be of service to your spouse invite him into being of service to you.

I dare you to try this at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment