Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Think Before You React


"That person who has angered you, frustrated you or wronged you is someone's son or daughter, brother or sister, father or mother. Be gentle." 

I would take this quote even further by saying, you don't know what is going on in someone's life. Maybe they have recently lost someone they love or they are worried they might. Maybe they lost their job or didn't get a job they were hoping for. The list could go on forever about the worries that cause people to act less than perfect. But it doesn't give any of us the right to react without kindness.

This was sitting heavy on my heart this week as I sat with my dad during his chemotherapy appointment. As I looked around the room, I saw people from all different walks of life sitting there while toxic drugs coursed through their veins in hopes that it will cure their cancer. 

I felt so much compassion for them. And I prayed that everyone they came into contact with that day would be kind to them. I think everyone should spend some time sitting in a chemo office with someone they love. It will put a different perspective on things. Every life is precious -- even the ones of those who are not kind to you. They are special to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment