Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Gift of Time

A couple of times over the past few weeks Paul has offered to drive Tyler to school for me. What a treat! This offer feels like a huge gift to me -- the gift of time. But I'm not the only one who benefits -- we all do!

It allows me to leave the house to take Alyssa to school 45 minutes later -- or not at all on a day like today when she is home sick.

It allows Alyssa the opportunity to sleep 45 minutes longer -- we normally have to wake her up at 6:30 every morning in order to get out of the house by 7:15.

It also gives Paul and Tyler special father-son time, which they don't get a lot of. Tyler really enjoys that extra attention. He loves spending time with mom or dad alone -- without the constant interruptions from his adorable little sister!

And, I'm sure it makes Paul feel good that he is helping everyone else out. Even though Tyler's school is way out of the way, Paul still gets to work on time.

I guess I'm writing about it, because it feels so freeing. Like a weight lifted off my shoulders...just a little release from the normal driving routine...a little room to breathe...a little more flexibility...a little less pressure.

I'll take the gift of time anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment