Thursday, July 28, 2011

Socks in the Freezer?

I never thought I'd hear myself say, "Do you wanna put your socks in the freezer?" to my five-year-old. But that's exactly what I said to avert a meltdown yesterday. And guess what!? She took me up on it!

You see, I have this rule about my kids wearing gym shoes and socks to play outside -- it prevents injuries to their cute little tootsies.

But yesterday, it was HOT, and Alyssa didn't want to put them on. I was not going to negotiate on this point or back down, so I had to get creative!

Out of nowhere the freezer idea popped into my head! I'm glad she took me up on it!

After about a minute, she took her socks out of the freezer and put them on with a big smile! "They feel perfect!" she said.

Then, off she went to put on her gym shoes and play outside!

Crisis averted!

1 comment:

  1. I am constantly amazed at the personality of that child. I just love it! It helps that she has a great mom!

    ReplyDelete